Tuesday, August 21, 2007

And that was the squeaky episode::

There are these occasions when I cannot prevent myself from succumbing to the temptation of inventing oh-so-cute epithets for certain organisms...this childhood habit had wide coverages including creatures from goats to tortosies to human babies to even my sibling (my sibling is certified internally within the family's vicous- circle members -- for which I am the chief contributing member-- to have a certain "pet like creature qualities" by possessing the 2 distinguishing qualities of a pet besides others::: 1) being utterly unmanageble at all circumstances 2) needing all exclusive things from :: demanding the comfy zone at home to demanding first rights to every single existing item at home save others' toothbrush and lingerie...)

....I remember the time when I was a tiny kid of say pre-school when my father used to take me to the apartment meeting (well u now know from whr my "blog for the society" concerns spurted..ha ha)...And somehow this herd of goats had prior knowledge about this meeting held every saturday and used to stroll around and cross via., our apartment at a specific time slot after the meeting when the male specimens of the meeting (one of which was holding a oh-so-innocent pre-schooler--thats me) can be seen migrating towards the silent hush-hush space between the gate and the main road for enjoying the then 'long long ago':: unpolluted Chennai sea breeze. I used to make all efforts to be still in papa's arms but manage to bend and touch the goats...and that moment saw the earliest memory of the incident of me inventing various names for such biotic-mortals with epithets that didnt belong to any existing language on earth....

And so, eventually, for the next two decades, everytime on spotting the oh-so-cute features , my pectoral lobe would be put under some internal brownian movements and would eventually cook up and finally convey the signals of an absolutely non-existent epithet for the object of my appeal.

And so, when Squeaky was discovered by the inherently compassionate being living with me (he is a "compassion inside: Death rock outside" combo)..the cousin of mine; it created quite a lot of exciting stir in a nutshell...The stir was further bolstered by a series of composite features of the baby squirrel, like a soft fur, innocent almond eyes, the way he curled up in sleep, even the reality of ticks harboring his fur and how gullibly unaware he was of the existence of the bugs on him... the way he squeaked, the way he bit us with a nano-scale set of mallibles that was on the process of metamorphorsing to teeth, the way his cute conk always searched for a comfy zone that was less lit, that was warm and that which had less air flow...So such attributable amalgam of display by the "squeaky"; biologically a squirrel by species; saw the resurgance of an yet again creative flux in my mind to conjure up innumberable epithets; to which I am positive that squeaky was sub-consciously responding...

Well...one uneventful evening saw squeaky escape from his highly protected artificial home created by some jobless friends of his (thats exactly us!!!) to hopefully join to exist blissfully with some of his similar-species uncle/cousin...well squeaky we miss you but I still have the infinity scale names given to you fresh in my mind...needs another exclusive blog to pen it down!!!!

To Squeaky::: the squeakiest!!!

--DiDo

No comments:

Post a Comment