Friday, December 14, 2007

DiDo's doodad...part 1


True to my blog's middle name, I have always been eccentric... (my middlename is also 'eccentric')

The list of things I did or I do, always irritates people mostly because I live in a uniquely funny world, that they find hard to accept.

Now declared that I have been this way for more 2 decades from my birth, you have to listen to the gadgets that used for making fashion statements:

MyGadgets for MYSELF have been umpteen...

One fine day, way back in 1999, (umpph...a decade ago..), I realised that I was late to meet my friend..(NOTE: she was a creepy highly emaciated creature who hardly used her senses)..Hence, being pretty late, I desperately required something to match my traditional 'Kurta'*.

You must always recall that genius comes in a squishy mess. My wardrobe was a genius too.

It was fraught with absolutely cranky mix of traditional and western clothes that were living together in symbiosis. In the exact 34 nanoseconds I had in hand before rushing out of the house to my friend's place, I had to choose some pants to match my red kurta. And...all that I could get hold of was a pair of blue jeans. So who cares. I wore this red kurta with a blue classical levi.

And,

I started dashing towards the creepy-buddy's residence...

She almost swooned when she saw my dress and started accusing me of creating such a fashion faux-pas by sporting such a weird cranky look.I didnt realise that I would look so damn misplaced in the society. But all this or the stares from people on the streets on my funny combination wouldnot stop me from making such bold cranky statements.

I continued this style.



I dont recall when, but suddenly in my country there was trend (few years later), when pretty ladies (and ugly ones also) followed the fashion-mantra (whatever the shit it means) and started sporting Indo-western wear. And know what? the same society that so badly accused me of an eccentricly misplaced costume sense, now started wearing similar stuff after reading a fashion article on a magazine that can only be read by members of the BUSSW (Brainless and utterly sissy society for Women).

Also I always used to spruce up a list of unidentified and grossly peculiar, shockingly designed accessories...I had this black color intricate designed tattoo jewellery which my grandmom always desperately wanted to shooooo away thinking that it was a creepy insect thronging at my ankle (it was supposed to be an anklet)

This is just episode 1.


But am sure, that gradually in a few days or few months, as my amnesia unveils, I can educate my dear readers on such ABCD (ABsolutely Cranky Doodads). If u r curious on how it would help u...well all that I can say is FOLLOW THE CULT...
*which is a long Indian dress that needs to be worn with a similar colored or patterned traditional pants
-DiDo ('YOUR EXOTIC BROWN AUTHOR')

No comments:

Post a Comment